https://nrgmb.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/pexels-vecislavas-popa-1643375.jpg 1256 1920 Carter Lovelace /wp-content/uploads/2022/10/nrg-mb-logo-text-1030x406.png Carter Lovelace2021-06-17 13:22:002022-05-27 13:23:38What do I need to do before my evaluation?
Before the date of your evaluation, please ensure all of the following:
- A responsible adult (18 years or older) must be present during the evaluation.
- Your home may not be qualified to be evaluated if it is under renovations at the time of the audit (I.e. drywall, insulation, windows, siding, cabinets, heating/cooling systems, etc.).
- Your home must be in a habitable condition.
- All exterior openings must be sealed (windows, doors, fireplace dampers, crawlspace, attic hatches, etc.).
- Sweep your wood fireplace and close dampers to avoid soot from being drawn into your home. Do not have a fire within 24 hours of your evaluation if possible.
- Have your property tax bill and roll number (account number) ready for your advisor.
- Be sure to clear access to all areas in and around your home (including the attic and crawlspace)
- Ensure the mechanical systems can be accessed.